Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
SERVPRO of Downtown Las Vegas has created some water damage tips for you to review if you have a water loss in your home or business. Led by Jodi and Dennis Zachary, SERVPRO has over 30 years of educational experience in the water restoration industry. It is important that you follow each of the steps to prevent secondary damages from occurring. If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to us at anytime day or night. We are always here to help, 24 ours a day, 365 days a year. We are always here to help in your time of need in Las Vegas.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (702) 778-9451
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.